Friday, July 15, 2011

I am the proud owner of a......NINJA!

Once upon a time, long, long ago, I stayed up until 1 am. (Way too late for me) And at 1 am, all of these wonderful infomercials come on. I'm kinda kidding there, infomercials don't usually capture my interest but on this special day, it did. They were advertising a "Ninja". I had never heard of one but continued watching because I am increasingly growing more and more frustrated with my blender. I know that sounds silly but I love smoothies and iced drinks and the occasional homemade milkshake. My blender can handle the yogurt and soft fruit, but when I throw the ice in, it's just a big, chunky mess.

The Ninja is actually very impressive and was a lot cheaper than I thought it would be. The next day I was telling Bobby about this blender I had seen. He laughed. I didn't really think much about it. Until the next night, when I was up late again (I was making a Shutterfly book) and the Ninja infomercial came on AGAIN! And again, I stayed up another hour to watch the entire thing. Again, I was impressed.

The next day Bobby and I were going to get him a pair of sunglasses at Kohls. And while I was pretty sure the men's sunglasses weren't back with the kitchen appliances and gadgets, I thought I would double check :) LOW AND BEHOLD, THEY HAD NINJAS! At this point, it was meant to be. I no longer wanted a Ninja, I NEEDED a Ninja. (I can imagine Bobby reading this and right now he would say, "Story of my life!") I showed Bobby the Ninja, all of its tricks and what it could do. I left the store with no hope of homemade pina coladas in my near future. And that was that.

Present day. I was at Tangles Salon in Hendersonville today, getting my hair done by the most fabulous hair dresser, Lindsey Reasonover, you should go see her, and Bobby called and told me he had a surprise waiting for me at home. Now Bobby's friend just got a 7 week old chocolate lab and we saw something about all the puppies in the humane society on the news last night. Bobby had made a few comments about getting Riggins a brother or sister since then...which made me a little nervous. Saying that, I was a little nervous my new little surprise was peeing on the carpet at home.

Having said ALL OF THAT, I got home to find this....

My very own Ninja.

With a note on it that said...
Do I have a keeper or what?!



I know most of you are thinking I'm crazy for wanting a blender. But this is not just ANY blender!


Check out the layered blades on this baby!


I really wanted to try it out so I filled it with some ice...


And let 'er rip! This was less than 3 seconds after I had turned it on!


This took 5 seconds...

Snow

Pina Colada perfect!


So I was having fun and wanted to chop something other than ice. The baby carrots were the first thing I saw when I opened the fridge and we're going to have to buy some more anyway so I figured I'd let them go for a spin!


Again, this took like 3 seconds.


What's so great is that I never have to grate carrots by hand for carrot cake anymore! It's okay if most of you find this post lame. Next time you're over here, ask for a frozen drink! Bet you won't think it's so lame then!

In honor of my new Ninja, I will use it in every recipe I post this week. You'll be begging your spouse, sister, mom to buy you a Ninja for your next birthday. Promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment