Thursday, February 16, 2012

Taco and Chili Seasoning





I don't know about you but tacos and chili are staples in our house, especially in the winter! I think it's a combination of the cold weather and football that makes it a frequent request by the hubby! I found myself constantly buying the McCormick Seasonings every week for almost a dollar each! I decided it would be easier and more efficient to make a big batch of each of my own taco and chili seasonings to keep on hand. I bought two small Rubbermaid containers and made sure I had plenty of each spice. Tonight I made a completely organic batch of delicious chili....SCRATCH THAT...my HUSBAND had the chili made by the time I got home tonight!!! I think he was proud of himself! I was too! So ladies...just have all of the ingredients out on the counter and make sure he gets home before you do... and that he's too hungry to wait for you to get home!



Taco Seasoning (Big Batch)
16 Tbsp Chili powder
8 Tbsp Cumin
8 tsp Onion Powder
8 tsp Garlic Powder
4 tsp Oregano
8 tsp Paprika
8 tsp Seasoning Salt
8 tsp Fresh Ground Pepper

Chili Seasoning (Big Batch)
8 Tbsp Paprika
7 Tbsp Seasoning Salt
3 Tbsp Onion Powder
3 Tbsp Garlic Powder
2.5 - 3 Tbsp Cayenne Pepper (Depending on how much heat you like!)
3 Tbsp Pepper
4 tsp Dried Thyme
4 tsp Dried Oregano

Season to taste. In the chili tonight Bobby used 2.5 Tbsp....maybe next time we'll just use 2 Tbsp...depends on the kind of chili you make! Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment