Monday, August 5, 2013

Avocado Chicken Salad



I know some people might really be turned off by green chicken but holy guacamole! This stuff is GOOD! AND healthy! And EASY! It's a winner all the way around!
This is a recipe I saw someone share on Facebook.  I usually just pass over them but my sister in law had recently mentioned she wanted to use avocados more and so I thought this might be a perfect fit. 
You only need a few minutes and a couple ingredients! 

Here we go! 

2-3 chicken breast (boneless skinless OR bone in, skin on, it IS cheaper!)
1 avocado
1/2 yellow, white or purple onion, whatever you prefer 
juice of 1/2 of a lime
2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
pinch of salt

Cook the chicken breast.  I boiled mine but you can cook it however you like.  The original directions I had said to let it cool but I just threw it in some cool water with ice after I boiled it. Then I used 2 forks to shred it. In a separate bowl mash the avocado and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well.  Add the chicken and you're done! 

I really enjoyed my chicken salad on a toasted piece of artisan bread but it would also be yummy topped with pico, in a tortilla, with tortilla chips or even by itself!

Yum! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment