Friday, July 8, 2011

Garlic Shrimp and Veggies


This recipe came from the Pioneer Woman, as do many of my recipes! She has the BEST BLOG EVER if you want to check it out it's http://thepioneerwoman.com/
I look at a lot of great blogs but she is probably my biggest blog inspiration. She posted this recipe a while back. It's a pretty light and wonderfully delicious meal..Bobby actually ate ALL of the leftovers...after his first serving. Then again, he's not too picky!

These are the ingredients you will need...
GOOD olive oil...good olive oil should be green. This means it's fresh. When I was living in Greece I debated trying to fill my suitcase with their olive oil...I decided it was a bad idea for more than a few reasons...

An ear of fresh corn, parsley, garlic and a lemon (not pictured!)

Grape Tomatoes

Butter, salt and pepper

First, mince your garlic and add it to 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp EVOO. (Allow your butter to melt and you EVOO to get good and hot) Let it cook for about a minute.

Add the garlic and stir/flip as needed. Your house will start smelling oh so delicious. If you are as impatient as me you will probably have to sample a few of the shrimp once they are finished cooking. And if you are as impatient as me you will probably burn your tongue. And if you are as impatient as me you will probably burn your tongue again....and again...

Next, slice your zucchini. Cutting vegetables on a diagonal always makes your dish a little more attractive...fyi

MMMMMMmmmmmmmMMMMM! Zucchini is quite possibly the most wonderful food God created. I could have eaten this whole batch for a meal and been more than satisfied. But I had to share with Bobby. And that's okay.
Heat the remaining butter and oi in the pan until hot. Cook these guys until they get light brown and still fairly firm. Mushy zucchini is no good.

I halve the grapes and cut the corn off the cob. Get them ready....

and throw them in the pan with the zucchini. Also add the parsley, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook on high heat until the veggies are nice and hot. Throw the shrimp back in the pan and toss together.

Yum! This is it, so good! We ate this alone, but you could serve it with bread or a salad on the side.
Ingredient List -
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp Olive Oil (I used extra virgin)
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb. of shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 Zucchini, sliced
2 ears of corn, cut off of the cob
salt and pepper
herbs (I just used flat leaf parsley)
1 tsp. lemon juice

No comments:

Post a Comment