Thursday, February 7, 2013

Zucchini Noodles & Sweet Potato


I could probably eat a whole bowl of these noodles for dinner and be satisfied!  Usually I serve them under salmon or spaghetti sauce but they make a great side all on their own! They are pretty simple and quick to make, especially if you have a mandolin or one of these nifty contraptions! 

I just slice them by hand :)  Here's what you need-
4-5 Zucchini
1 Sweet Potato
2 tsp coconut oil
1 tsp salt
 1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder

I slice my zucchini into strips,lengthwise.  I know a picture would be helpful but I forgot one! I'll take one next time I make it! Then I stack the ones that are roughly the same size and slice them into noodles, lengthwise.  

It just dawned on me that you could totally use the grater on  your food processor and it would probably work great!  I'll try that as well!

Peel and dice your sweet potato into small cubes.  Careful, they can be difficult to cut raw so make sure you have a sharp knife and decent cutting skills!

Heat your coconut oil in a pan on medium high heat and throw in your sweet potatoes.  Give them a 5 minute head start before you throw in the zucchini noodles.  Once your noodles and potatoes have cooked down to "al dente" add the salt and powders! Give it a good toss and it's ready to eat!
 Bon Appetit!



No comments:

Post a Comment