Monday, February 3, 2014

The Cooker's Fling Tea


Growing up there was a really great restaurant that we frequented often after church on Sundays.  It was right down the road from our church and it was always my first pick for one reason. Fling Tea. The restaurant was called 'The Cooker' and the only thing I remember was the fruit tea! It was just so good! It closed when I was about twelve and that was the end of Fling Tea...until...I was messing around with my mom's fruit tea recipe and I accidentally duplicated it.  Cha-Ching!  Because it is a little heavy on sugar, we only drink it on 'special occasions' ha! If I could drink it with breakfast, lunch and dinner, I would!  If you've never tried Fling Tea, I HIGHLY recommend you make a pitcher for your next dinner or holiday. You can thank me later ;)

Fling Tea-
5 Family Tea Bags
1.5 cps sugar (Of course, you can add less if you don't like your tea this sweet.)
1 cp frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
3/4 cp frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
1/2 cp frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed

Heat 3 cups water and seep the tea bags.  While the water is still warm stir in the sugar until it has dissolved.  Add the juices and 8 cups of ice water.  Stir and enjoy!

You're welcome.


9 comments:

  1. Lauren, how long to you recommend to steep the tea?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so good!! Thanks for sharing.I sure miss The Cooker!Our family also went there after church on many occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was no cran in the Fling Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to work at The Cooker on Murfreesboro Road in Nashville. The last commenter is correct, no cranberry juice in the Fling Tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I worked at that one too! Was Devin your Manager?

      Delete
    2. I use to work there back in 97 when I was in college.

      Delete
  5. dawnwilson8888@yahoo.comFebruary 23, 2021 at 1:42 PM

    I worked for Memphis Cooker and there wasn't any cranberry juice. The best menu by far, wish it was still around or could find an old menu

    ReplyDelete
  6. No lemon juice. Just sweet tea. Orange juice concentrate and canned pineapple juice. Made tons of it in my days at the West End Cooker.

    ReplyDelete