Saturday, March 3, 2012

"Peeta" Bread - Whole Wheat Pita Bread

In honor of The Hunger Games, my current all time fave book EVER, I'm making "Peeta" Bread....Peeta Mellark...get it...his dad made bread!

"and while I was talking, the idea of actually losing Peeta hit me again and I realized how much I don’t want him to die. And it’s not about the sponsors. And it’s not about what will happen when we get home. And it’s not just that I don’t want to be alone. It’s him. I do not want to lose the boy with the bread."



Okay! Moving on! I was actually really missing my summer in Greece and wanted to make a dish to take me back so I decided to make Chicken Souvlaki on this lovely Saturday. Before I can tell you all about the Souvlaki we have to make pitas. They are super easy! All you need is...

1 .5 cups warm water

1 Tbsp Olive Oil

1 Tbsp. Active Dry Yeast

1 cp. Bread Flour

2 .5 cps. Whole Wheat Flour

1 .5 tsp salt

Put them (in that order) in a bread machine and set it on the dough setting and let it work its magic! As it's finishing set your oven to 500 F. Put a hot stone (I used a pizza stone) in there to also preheat to 500 F.

Then divide the dough into 12 balls.

Roll each dough ball out and place 2 at a time on the pizza stone. Mine took exactly 3 minutes and 30 seconds to cook.


They will bubble up really big but that's what they are suppose to do.

They will eventually deflate quite a bit and that's what allows you to cut them in half and have a little pocket.

Tomorrow I'll show you all about some Souvlaki!






No comments:

Post a Comment