Saturday, February 18, 2012

Classic Pizza Dough




Today we dropped of my baby, Riggins, at a two week doggie training program. And while we TRULY are gonna miss the little guy for those two weeks, we are also going to enjoy the peace and tranquility of our home. In celebration....I mean, sadness that we are experiencing with him gone, we decided a pizza and movie were appropriate for the occasion. Here's the recipe for the dough I made tonight. (And my furry little ball of love-Riggins!)



1 1/2 pounds of Classic Pizza Dough-
-1 cup of warm water
-3/4 tsp sugar (or honey)
-1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
-1 1/2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 2/3 cp Bread Flour
-9 Tbsp Whole Wheat Flour
-1 3/4 tsp Active Dry Yeast


I made my dough in the bread machine. It takes care of all the kneeding for me but you could do it by hand if you don't have a machine. This yields 1.5 pounds of pizza dough which is perfect for a large pizza.
Roll the dough out and throw on your favorite toppings! Bake at 500 degrees between 10-15 minutes.



I'm making a Margherita Pizza tonight. I'll post it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment