Thursday, March 31, 2011

This isn't really a recipe but I thought I would share this delicious meal we enjoyed last week when my family came over for dinner. It was one of those days I knew I was having people over and had nothing at home to make. I left school at 4, ran to the grocery store and had dinner on the table by 6:15. It's really simple, nutritious and still delicious. Like I said, it doesn't involve much preparation or mixing or chopping or dicing.


Here's what was on the menu-

Italian Grilled Chicken

Grilled Zucchini and Squash

Spring Mix Salad with a Homemade Vinaigrette

Grilled Bread

Chocolate, Chocolate Cake


The only recipe I'll be posting on my Recipes page is for the Vinaigrette. I'll do that tomorrow!


Here's what we're starting with...the bread, the veggies and greens. I marinade my chicken in a really super special marinade..it's called....Italian Dressing. I know that it's so simple and plain but I love it and again, it was easy. I let it marinade for at least an hour.

This is random and pointless but I thought I would share...this is Bobby's milk. We had purchased it from Walmart four days before I took this picture...Notice the expiration date

March 25, 2011

This is my milk. I prefer organic milk. Bobby claims "They add all kinds of weird junk to that and it tastes weird."....Yeah...he said that. Anyway, I bought this milk 2 weeks before I took this picture and it doesn't expire until April 29th! I thought it was really ironic that organic milk lasts longer. It turns out it has to do with the process they use to preserve it. I know, no one cares but me but in case anyone else was wondering....



Back to dinner! Cut up your squash and zucchini. I cut usually cut it into 6 equal pieces. You have to be careful because you never want it to get overcooked or mushy on the grill.




Like so...then drizzle on some EVOO and salt and pepper and toss.



I would typically recommending making your own French bread since it's a fairly simple process as well, but there was no time today! And I've never been dissappointed with Kroger's bakery.



Grab a handful of grape tomatoes and cut them in half. Toss them with the baby spring mix and some feta cheese...This dressing is SOOO GOOD and really low in calories. Sorry for the poor picture quality.



That's a lot of food. I was cooking for 6 and Bobby and I had leftovers for lunch the next day.



I love grilling.


The bread was super simple. I cut it up and soak up the extra EVOO, salt and pepper from the squash then grill it. Did you know you can even grill SALAD!? My friend, Mike Sommesi, made it once for Bobby and me. It was heavenly. Maybe I can convince him to make a special post on here. He's a chef though, none of this silly cooking that I do!!



Pull everything off of the grill...


Set the table....and enjoy.




And don't forget dessert!


No comments:

Post a Comment