Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Perfect Fudge (in the microwave)



So it all started at a church potluck.  I had cut out sugar for the month, which is pretty tricky at a church potluck.  My friend, Andrea,  had made a batch of fudge for dessert.  At first I was like, oh yeah, I can stay away from it, but as I was downstairs, by myself, cleaning up from the potluck, the fudge started speaking to me.  And I ate a tee-tiny little piece and it. was. good. Sooooo good! To top it off, she told me she made it in the microwave.  Yummy fudge that was easy to make? Unheard of.  My grandpa use to make fudge at Christmas and I remember him spending a lot of time over the stove, stirring and measuring and cooling and reheating.  And I've never had the time to recreate his fudge.  But this recipe is different.  It's so easy to make and everywhere I take it people rave about it.  People have even claimed it's 'the best fudge they've ever had.'  Something else that's really great is that you can make it any flavor you want - chocolate, peanut butter, butterscotch, mint, topped with anything you want - nuts, Reese's, marshmallows, sprinkles, crushed peppermints, the possibilities are endless!

Love this recipe! THANKS, ANDREA!

Microwave Fudge-
3 cups sugar
3/4 cup butter
5 oz evaporated milk
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips (or peanut butter chips, butterscotch, white chocolate, mint)
7 oz marshmallow cream
1 tsp vanilla

- Combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk in a glass bowl.  Microwave 11 minutes, stirring every 3 minutes.  The bowl gets HOT.  I leave it in the microwave to stir and use pot holders to get it out after it's done.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well combined.  Remember it's super hot so be careful!
- Line a 9x13 glass casserole dish with foil.  Spray the foil with a nonstick spray and pour the fudge mixture into the casserole dish.  (I like my fudge to be kinda thick so I use a smaller cassserole dish, it's an old 8x10 pan, but it's totally up to you.  I've used a 9x9 before, too.)
-You can mix in candies/nuts with fudge before you pour it into the casserole dish or you can put it on top AS SOON as you pour it in so that it sticks to the top of the fudge.
- Allow the fudge to sit 3-4 hours until it has completely cooled. DO NOT PUT IT IN THE REFRIGERATOR! Just be patient :)
- Use the foil to lift the fudge out of the dish and using a long, sharp knife, cut into square pieces.

I hope you enjoy the fudge! If you have any ideas for neat candy/chip combinations, feel free to share!






2 comments:

  1. Sounds great and easy! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly the easiest fudge I've made! Hope you enjoy!

      Delete