Monday, February 24, 2014

Weeknight Chicken


This is my 'go-to, weeknight, I'm in a bind and don't know what we are going to eat for dinner in an hour' chicken.  But sometimes I make it for guests as well, because not only is it really easy, it's incredibly delicious! It's great on sandwiches, in salads, on top of pasta or on the side with some veggies, you really can't go wrong here. It's also makes for good leftovers.  I usually make a few extra pieces to throw on salads during the week. And it's easy because you throw everything in one bowl (or bag) and let it marinade and then put it on the grill, in the oven, or pan fry it like I did for this post.
 Seriously, it's so good.

Everyday Chicken-
4-6 chicken breasts (or you could use tenderloins)
1/3 cp olive or canola oil
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp lemon juice (or about half of one lemon)
4 cloves crushed garlic, or if you aren't crazy garlic fans, like us, you can use less.
1 tsp Kosher salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cp chopped, fresh parsley OR 3 Tbsp dried parsley

Put all of the ingredients in a medium size bowl or a gallon size bag and mix around well so that everything is evenly coated.  You can let this marinade overnight or if you don't have time, let it marinade for at least 30 minutes. Grilling is my method of choice but in the winter I like to pan fry it in a small pat of butter over medium-high heat. You could also pop it in the oven but I like a little bit more color on my chicken and I get that from the stove or grill! However you cook it, it will taste great! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does!

2 comments:

  1. This looks and sounds great! I'll have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

      Delete