Thursday, February 20, 2014

THE Dressing, Revisited




I have a confession.  It's a little embarrassing but it happened and now I'm fixing it!  A LONG time ago I posted the recipe for 'THE dressing', and yes, that's actually what we call it. It's a dressing that I concocted one day when I was attempting to make a yummy balsamic vinaigrette.  Here's the thing though, it turns out I'm not really a balsamic vinaigrette person.  Pop open a bottle of ranch and I'm a happy girl but put a basic balsamic vinaigrette on my salad and I probably won't eat it.  So I made the vinaigrette, hated it, and decided to add some things that I do like to try to correct this mistake, like brown sugar :)  I threw it in with some mixed greens, tomatoes and feta and it was a hit.  When friends were coming over they'd ask beforehand if I was making 'the dressing', and so it stuck! And then people started asking for the recipe but I had never written down the actual measurements.  I decided to make a batch and measure out each ingredient and post it to the blog.  After awhile I had friends make the comment that their dressing just wasn't the same as mine and blamed it on their lack of cooking skills, which was totally not the case.  It was MY FAULT! I made a batch using the recipe I posted on the blog and while it wasn't bad, it just wasn't the same.  And so I apologize.  I made another batch, measured the ingredients, copied it down, and have made the dressing SIX TIMES using this recipe.  It's on point! I hope you'll give it a try! It's a hit! And a little goes A LONG way!

The Dressing-
2 cloves minced garlic
1 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp dijon mustard
3 Tbsp brown sugar
2/3 cp extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cp balsamic vinegar

Mix ingredients together and refrigerate.  The olive oil will solidify when it gets cold, just set the dressing out five minutes before you're ready to use it.  Stir (or shake) before pouring!  


No comments:

Post a Comment